EPISODE ONE - SHOW NOTES This post is about tips on thriving as a multi passionate professional and business owner
In today’s episode we are diving deep into the topic of being multi passionate, what does it mean, is it bad, is it good.
I thought this would be such a fitting topic to start off the show and it was meant to be the first episode ever because it is the reason behind Side Hustle Experience.
I have struggled with being multi passionate since as long as I can remember, and I have always carry a lot of guilt around being a multi passionate person
As I was doing research for this episode I found so many successful women whom I admire that happen to be multi passionate and that made my heart so happy, it makes me feel less alone, which also tells me that it is absolutely possible to be successful even when you are multi passionate.
WHAT IS BEING MULTI PASSIONATE
Although I was unable to find the “right and formal” definition of being multi-passionate, what I take it to mean is someone having deep interest in a vast variety of things, paths, and subjects.
I found this quote on Quora and I thought it was a lovely description: “Multi Passionate people are those who find value in just about everything. They enjoy being around people and learn from them. There is never enough time in the day to fit in all their interests. They are creative, wanting to try new things, always looking for challenges.”
Growing up with two brothers who were always so decisive on what they wanted to be when they grew up was a challenge for me, because I could never decide. One day I wanted to be a Doctor, another a business owner, or a teacher, etc. you get the gist
The full story is in the episode! Be sure to listen…
THE STORY SOCIETY TELLS US
Being multi passionate is being flakey, shallow, indecisive, not focused.
But in reality being multi-passionate is a beautiful thing that bring lots of joy, it gives you energy, you are willing to put in the work to go the extra mile just so that you can find out if that one thing you are doing is going to be “your thing”
HERE ARE SOME TIPS WE WILL BE DISCUSSING THAT COVER HOW TO THRIVE
- Find a mentor
- Keep a journal of the things you are exploring and be intentional about what you liked and did not liked about that experience
- Be aware of your intentions (someone else doing it or are you truly interested)
- Understand the difference between main character and extras
- Be about it, which means be a doer and not just a thinker (clarity comes from doing)
- Be clear on what is it exactly you went to achieve (goals)
- Trust your intuition, it often will serve you well
- Lastly considering building a brand instead of a business, you can change your brand and take your supporters through the journey of different businesses
Marie Forleo’s Blog Post