Let’s talk about budgeting! I have compiled the top 5 budgeting methods that I have used over the past year and a half in order to pay off close to six figures of personal debt.
I can’t wait to share these tips with you because I really believe I wouldn’t have been on this path to savings if it weren’t for getting on a budget. I was not a fan of budgets for a while because I felt they were super restrictive, but these tips helped me see budgeting as a growth opportunity instead.
Here are my favorite budgeting tips to give you some inspiration:
- Zero-based budget: at the end of the month, you will have $0 in your account at the end of the month. In other words, you are assigning a place to every dollar whether it be bills, entertainment, savings, debt, or investing. You are making sure each cent has a job to do.
- 50/30/20 Rule/Proportional Budgeting: 50% of your income goes to your needs (bills, food, gas) or what you need to survive, 30% to your wants (extra clothing, entertainment, nails), 20% to savings and/or debt payoff. This is a great method if you have a spending problem. It allows you the space to budget some wants to make sure you don’t go into a scarcity mindset.
- Line-Item or Budgeting Method: This method lets you see line-by-line exactly where your money is going. You can do this by printing out your bank statements to see where it is going or writing out where you want to spend your money with each purchase
- Envelope Budgeting: For this method, you need to have exact cash to pay for each of your expenses. Your bank may offer an option to allow you to sub-allocate money into sub-accounts that you can label for each line item in your budget.
- Flexible Budgeting: this is a great option for incomes that are not exact month-to-month. This is great for business owners & freelancers. You will plan out your expenses as you go because your income isn’t as permanent as it would be with a salaried role. This also allows room to breathe when unexpected expenses come up.
Make sure you watch the video the whole way through to see what the pros & cons are for each of the budget suggestions above!
In this video, I am going to break down the most commonly known budget strategies, their pros and cons and which income level is best for.
TEMPLATE DOWNLOAD: https://view.flodesk.com/pages/61e580…
LET’S BE FRIENDS:
📧 Watch the Interview Masterclass: https://view.flodesk.com/pages/61c4ce…
📸 Instagram – https://instagram.com/simply.eddi
🤝 LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/eddianaro…
🔥 Tik Tok – @simplyeddi
🎧 Side Hustle Podcast: https://player.captivate.fm/episode/6…
If this video helped you out be sure to share it on your social media or with friends and family, and I will see you back here at the same place at the same time for another video. Over and out.
🙋🏻♀️ ABOUT: I’m Eddi, a Tech Recruiter by day and career/money content creator by night. I love to share my knowledge about career progression and personal finance, both things that were never taught in school.