EPISODE 14- Taking a Chance on Yourself
Our guest today, Salina Yeung, is a LinkedIn expert & coach, ex-LinkedIn employee, 2018 LinkedIn Power Profile, a chairperson for International Women in Tech groups. She started her business, The In Academy, in the middle of COVID-19 as a LinkedIn Expert & Coach. She has trained over 8,000 executives globally & consulted for Fortune 500 brands about the power of personal branding and digital marketing.
She is with us today to chat about taking a chance on yourself in your career & launching your own business.
- Taking a chance on yourself allows you to prioritize your life the way it makes sense to you.
- Putting yourself out there can lead to your first client & give you a lot of opportunities.
- There is the opportunity for greater impact outside of a 9-5, sometimes! Visibility on socials can help you see the impact you are having on your & others’ lives!
- How to beat the fear of showing up on LinkedIn:
- Find a medium you feel is easy for you to express yourself in (written, video, etc.)
- Choose a topic you are passionate about (your niche)
- Think about how frequently you want to post that fits your comfortability
- Engage with other content creators on LinkedIn to get started
- Finding clarity on your passion:
- What are you good at?
- What do you think you can do well for a very long time?
- Your confidence in your subject matter knowledge will show through and help you convert clients.
- Map out conversations with ideal clients and see if you can boil down pain points so you can see where you get excited about in those conversations is what you are most likely passionate about.
- Market Research- getting to know your client market, what they need, what help they are looking for. This should be done yearly to understand what your solution is for your clients.
- Networking needs to pair with content marketing as an entrepreneur. It helps you brand yourself as the Subject Matter Expert (SME), builds trust and likeability. This helps you build relationships with others & get opportunities for your brand.
- Utilize LinkedIn Company Page. You can get comfortable posting without your name directly on it, especially useful for side-hustlers.
- Invest in yourself- that is the only thing nobody can take away from you with a guaranteed biggest return!
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@simplyeddi
Salina Yeung’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/salinayeung/
Salina’s Website: https://www.theinacademy.com/
Salina’s Email: email@example.com
Salina’s Podcast: Your LinkedIn Gal